If you plan on using the email forecasts feature of the HW software package, then you
will need to configure a few settings before hand. To do this you can simply use the
HW web based administration. Just click the "Email Forecasts Settings"
link in the administration options at the top left of any administration web page.
Following are the descriptions of the various settings that can be set once at the
Email Forecasts administration page:
- Administrator Email - This is the email
that is used for the "from" address on all emails sent out by the HW package.
This should be set to an address that users can use if they are having problems.
- Email Mode - This determine how HW will
send emails. It should be set to either mailprog or SMTP.
- Unix servers will usually use mailprog mode with sendmail or such
- NT servers will normally use SMTP mode and an SMTP server to send emails
- Mailprog path or SMTP Server Name - If you
are using HW in mailprog mode set this to the full path (i.e.
"/usr/bin/sendmail" to sendmail or other such mailprog. If using HW in
SMTP mode then set this to the domain name of the SMTP server.
- Email Script Execution Method - The
determines whether the emailhw2.cgi script will be executed from the command line (cron
job) or from a web browser.
- Email Database Path -Set this to the full
path to the email database. The path will look similar to
"/usr/www/users/hamweather/email/email_list.txt". For NT servers you will
need to include the drive letter.
- Email Templates Path - Set this to the
full path to the directory containing the email templates, both html and email templates.
For example: The path will look similar to
"/usr/www/users/hamweather/email". For NT servers, you will need to
include the drive letter.
- Forecast Email Template - This is the name
of the template that is used when developing the email forecast to send to individuals.
- Subscribe Email Template - This is the
name of the template used to send the subscribe notification email.
- Unsubscribe Email Template - This is the
name of the template used to send the unsubscribe notification email.
- Subscribe HTML Template - This is the name
of the template used to display the successful subscribing of an email address.
- Unsubscribe HTML Template - This is the
name of the template used to display the successful unsubscribing of an email address.
- Email Error Template - This is the name of
the template used to display the unsuccessful subscribing or unsubscribing of an email